Thought for today: Enlightening quote from Rumi


Molana.jpg
Pic credit: Wikipedia - Rumi

Don't ask me what my religion is. I'm not Jewish, not Zoroaster, nor Islam. Because I know, when I say one, you will give another meaning than the meaning that lives in my heart. - Rumi

I love this quote from Jalalud'din Muhammad Rumi, popularly known simply as Rumi. The quote has a very deep meaning and give me a thought to think about the stereotype that we have put on to each religion.. Mostly, it's a negative stereotype we've put on, especially towards a religion other than ours.

Our assumption might not be true..

Let's make this world a peaceful place for all human race, for all creatures.. and we, Muslims, can make Islam (a.k.a our behaviour as a Muslim) a rahmatan lil 'alamin (= love, peace, compassion, mercy) for the whole universe..

وَمَآ أَرْسَلْنَـكَ إِلاَّ رَحْمَةً لِّلْعَـلَمِينَ
"And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds."
"Dan tiadalah Kami mengutus kamu (Muhammad), melainkan untuk (menjadi) rahmat bagi semesta alam." 
(Qur'an, Al Anbiya’: 107)



Follow FashFaith.com via Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr | Instagram Email 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love reading each one of your comments.. also feel free to e-mail me!

Follow on Instagram

Instagram

Follow Us