Outfit: a forest trip


It was a sunny morning when we decided to go visiting a small forest in the feet of mount Merapi. The forest is one of the protected areas in our country that being labelled as a National Park. And because the boys in the family didn't go along -- as they had their own activities --, so only me, little sweetie, my sister, and a cousin (who photographed us) took a walk to explore the forest.

I think hats with scarves might be my new favorite things! I love the feminine vibe of the scarf with a slightly utilitarian piece like boater hats. I got this hat from a thrift store. When I found it, it was covered with laced ribbon and embellished with tulle-flowers. I love the hat but not its 'too romantic' accents. I bought it anyway, yet I took off all the embellishments and replaced them with a simple black ribbon. Now it feels perfectly me! -- The special note is: if you find something you like (especially in a bargaining price) but it doesn't look perfectly match with what are you looking for or hoping for, but you see there's a possibility it can be re-make or twisted into something you really want, then.. go, give it a shoot!

We enjoyed the sunshine, the view, the blossoming trees, and the small waterfall in the forest. But.. as the monkeys trooped near and running around us, I took off my hat and little sweetie's hat (because I didn't want take a risk the monkeys grabbed our hats and took them away) and immediately went out of the forest...

Outfit details:
Esprit sweater (old)
cotton dress made in Thailand
old jeans
hat (thrifted)
vintage Etienne Aigner boots

*pictures by Vian*


SHARE THIS POST

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love reading each one of your comments.. also feel free to e-mail me!

Follow on Instagram

Instagram

Follow Us