The Edwardian Sartorialist: The style of the London streets more than a century ago (1905 - 1908)

Photographer: Edward Linley Sambourne (1844 - 1910)

I love looking at vintage photographs, especially like these documentational street fashion shoots taken by photographer Edward Linley Sambourne on the streets of Kensington, London, near his home, in 1905 - 1908 -- more than a century ago! I love those maxi gowns, long skirts, puffed sleeves, and all of those shoes: lace-up, kitten-heeled ankle boots and oxfords. And look at those hats they wore. All of these women wore a fantastic hat on the streets. I really would love to wear an outfit inspired by this period of time, and it's a nice feeling to see a glimpse into the past from these old 'everyday scenes' fashion captures. 
More here.


SHARE THIS POST

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love reading each one of your comments.. also feel free to e-mail me!

Follow on Instagram

Instagram

Follow Me