Outfit: Happy 70th Anniversary of Independence Day, Indonesia!


This post is kind of late.. I planned it to be on the blog on August 18th -- at the same day these photos was taken -- in regards to celebrate the 70th anniversary of Indonesia's Independence Day which took place on August 17th, 2015. 

In a bright sunny afternoon of August 18th, 2015, I -- with many other people -- went visiting Kusumanegara National Heroes' Cemetery (Taman Makam Pahlawan Kusumanegara), Yogyakarta. It was a kind of tradition to visit National Heroes' Cemetery on the day after the Independence Day as a way to remembering our national heroes and their sacrifice for our country, and as a reflection for ourself. I also took this as a chance to wear a red-and-white outfit to echo our flag's colors.

I rarely wear red. Actually I'm not a fan of color red. I just feel that red is too bright/bold for an outfit. So, for this 'red-and-white' outfit, I took 'red' a bit; for the headscarf and as a peek at the hemline. I wore my broken-white vintage dress as an outer to cover the most part of this bright red skirt.. I also love the pretty embroideries of this vintage dress; at the collar, sleeves, and pockets. Here are the quick snapshots of my outfit. What do you think? 

In our way home, just before the sun went down, we took some times stopping by Alun-Alun Kidul Keraton Yogyakarta (South Ngayogyakarta Sultan's Palace public park) just to play bubbles and Kitiran (a bright swirl) with the kids..

Little Sweetie also trying to take photos of me, too, using a camera pocket ;p
Outfit details:
chiffon scarf (old)
unbranded t-shirt (old)
vintage dress (worn as an outer)
skirt (bought at a local store)
Tommy Hilfiger watch
silver ring
knee-high socks
shoes (old)
*pictures taken by IR, camera setting by me*


SHARE THIS POST

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love reading each one of your comments.. also feel free to e-mail me!

Follow on Instagram

Instagram

Follow Me