Outfit: Yellow 1960s-style shift dress with puffed sleeves


I love '50s and '60s style dresses. Yet, I feel more comfortable in '60s style shift dresses which tend to be more streamlined and simple in cut. Sometimes, for me, wearing the 'fifties' (with their fitted-on-the-waist shape and flared pleated skirts) felt too girlish or childish -- even though I really like this '50s style so much. On the other hand, as an opposite to '50s style dresses is smock frocks or smock dresses which have loose cut and I thought have innocent look. Smock dresses are my favorites, too. So, I can say that I love all of those style, but feel more comfortable in '60s style and smock dresses.

Beside the cut, there are two other aspects I love from clothes; the sleeves and collar. I love unique sleeves (puffed, bell, etc.) and cute collars (peter pan collar, laced, etc.). 

In this outfit post, I wore a light yellow '60s shift dress with puffed sleeves. I love its cut and sleeves' shape. It also has a lovely print in the same shade with the dress. However, even though they are in the same shade of yellow, the print doesn't in vague with the cloth. It could stand out in a soft lovely way.. Sometimes, prints in the same shade with the fabric looks more pure and lovely.. don't you think?


wearing: 
denim scarf (bought at a local store)
American Eagle Outfitters hat (sold out, similar)
vintage dress
old pants
vintage Etienne Aigner boots
vintage purse
horse bag's chain (bought at a local store)

*pictures by Lady Elmas, camera setting by me

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love reading each one of your comments.. also feel free to e-mail me!

Follow on Instagram

Instagram

Follow Me