Editor's Picks: '50s-inspired dresses (V-neck dresses and Skater dresses)

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (clockwise from top left)


5 / 6 / 7 / 8 (clockwise from top left)


9 / 10 / 11 / 12 (clockwise from top left)

13 / 14

15 / 16

17 / 18

Recently Rosegal contacted me and asked if I would love to pick and share a few dresses of my favorites from their site, especially from their 'V-neck dresses' and 'skater dresses' section. I thought I wouldn't mind sharing on what kind of dresses I love from their site. So, for today's editor-picks, shown-above are my favorite dresses from Rosegal (there are too many dresses I love, so I couldn't pick only a few..). Based on their cut and shape, it can be said that most of these dresses are '50s inspired dresses.

As you might already know, I'm a fan of '50s and '60s dresses -- I love the fluffy-ness of '50s dresses, and also love the sleek look of the '60s dresses. However, for daily wear, I feel more confident in the '60s dresses than in the '50s dresses, because the '60s look more sleek and simple.

What I love the most from these dresses are their 'vintage vibe'; the cut of '50s fashion, vintage-y or classic patterns (plaid, floral, polka dots, also novelty prints), and unique collar. And because summer is right around the corner, I picked a few bright summery dresses in color sky blue, yellow, green, and red-and-white stripes which makes me want to go for a picnic in a beautiful sunny day...

Hijab styling tips:
Of course to make these adorable dresses hijab ready, you must wear them with:
  • trousers or a long skirt underneath (skirt with skirt? why not? You would be surprise on how chic they are together. Hint: pick the right skirt to match. For example: I prefer a long pencil-skirt underneath these kind of fluffy dresses, but it doesn't mean that you can't match fluffy skirt with fluffy skirt. Mixing different texture of skirts also help create a stunning look).
  • If the dress has a midi-length hemline, you can pair it either with trousers or wudhu-friendly tights
  • For sleeveless dresses, add a light-weight blouse underneath, or a cardigan or a cropped blazer on top. A jean jacket or a shirt knotted at the bottom could give you a casual summer-y look -- just be creative with it.
  • If the dress has a low neck-line, you'll need a wrap to give an extra coverage in front. It could be by styling your headscarf in a way that would cover your bosom.

Creating a cohesive look with these '50s-inspired dresses might be tricky for hijab wearers, but don't worry! If you love the dress, you'll find a way to create a stunning covered-look with those tips above and, of course, with your creativity.

I'll show you which one I picked for myself (in an outfit post) as soon as I receive my package.
So, which one is your favorite?

Have a great weekend, Lovelies!

*I received a dress as a compensation for this post. However, all words written here are my honest opinion.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love reading each one of your comments.. also feel free to e-mail me!

Follow on Instagram

Instagram

Follow Me